Saturday, September 11, 2004

Up, up and away

My "confirmed window seat" turned out to be as far away as you could possible get from a window. The seating config was 3x3x3, and I was right in the middle... next to a fellow who was off to Korea on a business trip. Products & science behind sounded interesting... but the after a bit of a chat, realised that he was part of a network marketing group.. health products with a sales pyramid like amway, signing up new people was more important than the products. Still could make an interesting web sales site.... And that was the last time I had any thought related to work, I was now officially on holidays :-)

The interactive entertainment unit was cool... if only that old fart at front of me would stop putting his seat back.. no problem, my knees in his back soon sorted that out ;-) Watched Troy, Techno Tribe (documentary on Japanese techno and outdoor rave scene), and cute Japanese movie about a poor little boy working extra jobs to get a pair of sunglasses for his mother (to cover her blind eye).. and through it, the boy wins a fight, wins a girl, loses fight, loses a girl, gets the sunglasses. mmm I'm sure it would make more sense if I was Japanese.